Utah Sole Custody Attorneys
Child custody is one of the most complex and sensitive issues when it comes the divorce. Utah places a priority on what is in the child’s best interest when determining custody. If your spouse is not mentally, physically, or financially fit to support a child, petitioning for sole custody may be the best option. There are few things stronger than the bond between a child and their parents. While the best-case scenario is for both parents to have joint custody, it is not always possible. The legal professionals at Utah Attorneys are committed to providing legal representation and counsel you deserve to protect your rights and look after your best interests.
Here are some factors used by the court to determine child custody
- The Court will determine whether the child will benefit from joint legal custody or physical custody based on each parent’s ability to address his or her physical, psychological and emotional needs.
- The court will measure each parent’s ability to make their child’s welfare a top priority
- The court will measure whether one parent is will to accept a positive relationship between the child and the other parent.
- The distance between both parent’s homes.
- Did both parents participate in the child’s upbringing prior to the divorce?
- The ability of both parents to cooperate and make joint decisions.
- Any history of child or spousal abuse.
- The preference of the child, depending on their age
Contact a Salt Lake City Sole Custody Attorney Today
Over the years, the legal professionals at Utah Attorneys have successfully represented many men and women in child custody cases throughout Utah. As your sole custody attorney, Utah Attorneys utilize an aggressive and personable approach to help clients achieve the best possible results. To learn more, contact Utah Attorneys today and schedule consultation to discuss your case.
Why You Need a Salt Lake City Sole Custody Attorney
Going through a divorce can be an emotional time for anyone. When the custody of your children is at stake, it is important to make sound decisions. As your Salt Lake City sole custody attorney, my focus is to protect the rights of each client and to look after their best interests. But it is also important to keep my clients properly educated on how the process works to help place them in the best position to succeed.